A ninja family: My son shares the same interests

I never would have thought that my own son would love the same things as me. I am someone who actually loves martial arts, and I am also into ninjas and ninjutsu, the mystical martial arts that is part of mankind’s dark history, and not much is known about this except that it was primarily used for assassination back in feudal Japan. Well, my son is only 9 years old, but he knows just about half as much as what I know already about ninjas and martial arts that even I am scared he might become a geek about it or something.

He loves looking at my collection of ninja stuff like the ninja costume I bought at www.ninjahalloweencostumes.org recently, or the ninja weapons which I keep in glass cases in a room in the house. I just arrived home one day and my son was telling me about this ninja collectible item he saw online, and that is the only time I discovered that my own son was into ninja things like I am. To help start him out with his own ninja collections, I bought him his own ninja costume at ninjauniform.org/ that he can wear to costume parties if he wanted, and he loved it very much! He would buy toys that were swords or ninja stars and play with it the whole day if he could. And as a final way to really make him into someone like me, I brought him along in a anime convention where he would get to meet Japanese ninja characters from cartoons and anime and manga because these are the stuff that really focuses more on ninjas as compared to US cartoons. I am glad my son shares the same interest as me, and in time he will inherit my collection too. Now this is what a family is all about!

Blog Archive